How To Add A Signature In Outlook- The Outlook application is a multipurpose application which is part of the Microsoft office suite or Microsoft package. Microsoft Outlook lets you manage your personal information, although many Microsoft users often use it for email purposes. Incorporated in this application includes a calendar, task manager, contact manager, note taking, journal, and web browsing, all to make it easy for you to organize your day without leaving any task or message unattended to. However, one of the unique features of Outlook is the signature feature. You can add your signature to particularly emails that you send or respond to. In this write-up, we are to guide you on How to Add A Signature in Outlook.
GUIDE ON HOW TO ADD A SIGNATURE IN OUTLOOK (STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS)
Actually, working with Outlook is not difficult, if you are a guru or even a newbie in other Microsoft package applications. Adding a signature in Outlook is not a difficult task to accomplish rather, with simple, easy steps you are done in a jiffy.
Alright, without much ado, below are guides to teach you on How to Add A Signature in Outlook.
- Create and Add Signature to a Message
An interesting aspect of Outlook is the provision to create more than one personalized signature for your messages. These signatures can be in the form of text, images, your electronic business card, a logo, as well as an image of your handwritten signature. Also,
Step 1: Open a new email message or an existing email message.
Step 2: Select Signature > then click on Signatures from the Message menu.
Step 3: Select New from the Select signature to edit. Once the New dialogue box displays, type a name for the signature.
Step 4: Now you can compose your signature Under the Edit signature option.
Note: there is provision for you to change fonts, font colors, and sizes, as well as text alignment. More so, you can create a more robust signature using bullets, tables, or borders (format the text in Word and then copy and paste the signature into the Edit signature box).
Step 5: once you are done formatting your signature, then, under Choose default signature, choose any of the following options for your signature:
- Choose an email account to link with your signature in the E-mail account drop-down box. You can create different signatures for each of your email accounts.
- To add your signature by automatically (by default) to all new messages, select one of your signatures in the New messages drop-down box. You can choose (none) if you don’t want signatures to be added by default to new messages.
- To set your signature to appear in messages you reply or forward, select any of your signatures from the Replies/forwards drop down menu.
Further Steps on How To Add A Signature In Outlook
Step 6: Click OK to save the new signature you just created and return to your message.
The new signature you created is not added automatically to your new message that you created or want to forward. The signature will be added manually, but on subsequent messages, the signature will be added automatically.
Step 7: In the Outlook Options dialog box, select OK to return to your email.
- you are to include a Logo or any Image to your Signature
Aside from using text as your signature, you can also add your logo (serve as your organization’s logo) or an image (a captured image of your signature) to add to your signature. You can follow the steps below to do this.
Step 1: Open a new message in Outlook and then select Signature
Step 2: Click on the Stationery Signatures.
Step 3: In the dialog box, under the Select signature to edit box, choose the signature you want a logo or image to be added.
Step 4: Select the Image icon from Ribbon and then locate the image file you want to use as your signature from your PC, and select Insert.
Step 5: if you want to resize the image, right-click the image, and select Picture. Choose the Tab Size and use the options that suit you to resize your image. To keep the image proportions, ensure that the Lock aspect ratio check box is checked.
Step 6: When you’re done, select OK, then select OK again to save the changes to your signature.
- Inset Signature Manually
You can insert a signature manually when you did not choose the option of inserting for both all new messages, replies and forwards a signature. To manually insert a signature, follow the steps below.
Step1: In your email message, on the Message tab, select Signature.
Step 2: From the fly-out menu that appears, choose your signature. There are more than one signature in the advent, select any of the signatures you’ve created and add to your message.
You can also add a signature to Outlook from the web. This means if you do not have Outlook application installed on your PC, you can access it through the web by visiting www.Outlook.com on your web browser. Once the Outlook website opens, sign in with your details.
Step 1: Click on setting from the upper right corner of the
Step 2: from the drop-down menu, click Options. It is at the bottom of the drop-down menu.
Step 3: Click on Layout from the drop-down menu to expand, then click on Email Signature.
Step 4: Type your signature text into the box on the right side of the screen.
Step 5: Click on the Automatically Include my Signature on New Message” to check the checkbox so as to activate your signature. Likewise, Also, messages that you give replies to and messages you forwarded could have your signature Automatically in form of box signature at the bottom of every email you send.
Step 6: Lastly, click on Save to save the changes you made and add your signatures to your Outlook email. You can access the Save on the upper left corner of the Email signature section.
- Functions in Microsoft Outlook
Microsoft Outlook is important to help organize your daily activities. With the M-files feature, you enjoy a lot of benefits diverse benefits for the daily management of e-mail messages as well as for their usage in customer relationships. With Outlook, you can enjoy the following features:
- Outlook mostly is used to store, receive, and send emails.
- When using Outlook for any email action, it offers the same usual features as the same with other email apps which include the likes of Inbox, Drafts, Outbox, and Deleted Items.
- The Outlook is commonly referred to as a Personal Information Management tool because it also features contacts, tasks, calendar, and notes as well as a journal to keep tabs on daily activities.
- You can also incorporate Outlook with your mobile devices with the use of additional software.
- The Calendar feature of Outlook can be used to keep appointments, make meeting plans, and also synchronize with other Outlook user’s calendars. In addition, the calendar incorporated in Outlook is also helpful for tracking events and important dates, especially when used with alarms.
- The tasks element are also useful for remembering the activities you need to do or events you need to attend.
- The Contacts element of Outlook can help you store addresses, email, and contact details of friends, family, and customers/clients. Also direct messages can be send to all your contact list.
Those are some of the functions and benefits you can enjoy from using Outlooks application.
Conclusion On The Guide On How To Add A Signature In Outlook (Step By Step Instructions)
Looking for a way to add a signature to your messages, especially your email, then Outlook is for you. Fortunately, you can use Outlook on your PC, on the web (the internet as well as on your mobile phone and can sync them together. Outlook has proven to be a lifesaver, helping to organize our life from start to the end of each day. Outlook has a lot to offer which you will enjoy. Using Outlook to attend to your email messages makes it easy for you and also helps you to add a signature which makes it unique and authentic. Thus, if you have no clue on How To Add A Signature In Outlook, reading through this write-u[ must have given you information you need to know and idea on how to go about it. Don’t miss out of the whole benefit that Outlook offers, but try to make it a utility tool for your daily activities.
Tag: The Guide On How To Add A Signature In Outlook (Step By Step Instructions)